- colorful and original descriptions
- pithy words and phrases
- picture nouns and action verbs
- writing that draws a reader in and addicts them to your voice
I keep a collection of descriptions that have pulled me into the books. I’m fascinated how authors can–in just a few words–put me in the middle of their story and make me want to stay there. This one’s on how to describe character ticks.
A note: These are for inspiration only. They can’t be copied because they’ve been pulled directly from an author’s copyrighted manuscript (intellectual property is immediately copyrighted when published).
- Eating binges
- A tell
- Tongue licking lips quickly
- Whistles on and off
- Hums under his breath
- Smooth both eyebrows at once with fingers while talking
- Snorting after making a joke or a controversial comment
What would you add…
View original post 124 more words