We’re just a day away from a day of family, food, and gratitude. It’s a great time to just sit back and be happy for all that we have.
This is, of course, enhanced with special Thanksgiving content. And because I am a child at heart, here is my list of the best Thanksgiving specials and movies.
- Tom and Jerry The Little Orphan: This is the cutest cartoon where Jerry shares Thanksgiving with a hungry orphan. It may trigger the WOKE crowd because they dress up like pilgrims and Tom dresses up like a native American, but at the end they all sit down to eat together despite their differences.
2. Garfield’s Thanksgiving Special: Garfield may not be high-brow comedy, but he learns how to be thankful and remember the blessings of the people in his life, like Jon’s grandma!
3. Dutch: Def one of John Hughes’ most overlooked writing credits, this movie hilariously displays how blended families sometimes get their start with bumpy journeys that eventually bring everyone together.
4. The Charlie Brown Mayflower Voyagers: This cute little history lesson plays out with the peanuts gang.
5. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: John Hughes knew Thanksgiving–especially Thanksgiving travel. This Steve Martin/John Candy classic may have a couple of adult moments, but it’s still a great one to share and laugh at together.
6. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: A true classic, every year one has to sympathize with Charlie Brown and smile as things work out for him in the end.
7. Bugs Bunny’s Thanksgiving Diet: Rebranded as a Looney Tunes Thanksgiving, it’s amazing this special hasn’t been canceled by the body positivity crowd. But it’s funny and fun and just silly to watch.
8. Son in Law: This is a fun flick where 2 worlds collide. There are some slight undertones of the “magical Hollywood type saving the rednecks” which is kind of not cool, but it’s all about how you look at it. Compromise and enjoying new things is a big part of life no matter where you come from.
One thought on “Best Thanksgiving Specials/Movies”
💜 Sally is Mean to Charlie and Devoted to The Pianist, whose name escapes me, who ignores her; but, Typical of Most Ladies who tend to go for THE CHALLENGE!!! ergo The Good Guy ALWAYS!!! Loses The Girl to The Bad Boy and Vice Versa
nisi mortuus nec neque nolite vicit 🤭🤫🤐